Maintaining your commercial roof in Tulsa is incredibly important. Doing so can help prevent major issues from coming up which could require extensive repairs or replacement, both of which could disrupt your day-to-day business. Not to mention that ignoring the condition of your roof can leave it more vulnerable to leaks and other problems. When it comes to taking care of your commercial roof, it helps to understand its anatomy. Understanding the flat roof anatomy will give you a much better idea of why it’s so important to maintain your roof and what kind of issues it could experience.
The Components of a Commercial Roof
The following are some of the major components which make up a commercial roof:
- Decking – The decking is the foundation for any roof system. The deck needs to be able to safely hold up the weight of the roof system itself. As such, the type of deck chosen for a commercial roof depends a great deal on the material used for the roof. The most common types of commercial roof decking include steel, concrete, wood sheathing, and composite decks, although there are other options as well.
- Underlayment – The underlayment is attached directly to the deck of a roof. It acts as a protective, water-resistant layer against inclement weather, such as rain and snow. The most common types of underlayments include asphalt-based underlayments, rubberized asphalt underlayments, and synthetic underlayments (often made with fiberglass and asphalt).
- Flashing – Every roof, including both residential and commercial roofs, has flashing. Flashing is made from metal, usually, copper, aluminum or galvanized sheet metal, and is installed between the joints in the roof, such as where the roof meets the vents. Flashing helps to prevent water from leaking in through these joints.
- Insulation – Adding insulation to the top of the deck is a good idea. Doing so will help prevent heat or cold air from penetrating through the roof and will also prevent heat and cool air produced by the building’s HVAC system from escaping. Good insulation can help to significantly reduce energy costs as a result.
- Vapor Barrier – A vapor barrier is another layer of protection added to the roof. It helps prevent moisture from penetrating through the roof. A vapor barrier will essentially help protect the deck from moisture-related problems, such as mold growth and rot.
- Top Coating – The top coating is a polymer-based liquid compound which is sprayed or rolled onto the roof system. It’s the first line of protection against the elements. If properly applied, it will act as a water-tight membrane.
In addition to the actual roof system itself, these are the main components of a commercial roof you should know about. However, there are many different options available for each component, which is why commercial roofs are so different from one another.
Our Commercial Roof Services in Tulsa, OK
Here at Perfection Roofing, we specialize in commercial roofs throughout the Tulsa area. As commercial roof specialists (all of our contractors are highly trained and experienced, not to mention fully licensed and insured), we offer the following commercial roofing services:
- Commercial roof inspections – During a professional commercial roof inspection, we will perform a thorough evaluation of your commercial roof system to identify if there are any issues that need to be addressed through repair or replacement. We do offer a commercial roof maintenance program you can enroll in to help extend the life of your commercial roof at a fraction of what it would cost to replace it.
- Commercial roof repairs – If your commercial roof is leaking or has visible damage, we can determine what the cause of the problem is to ensure it gets fully repaired. When we fix a roof, we make sure we fix it correctly the first time around so you don’t have to contact us to request additional repairs for the same problem. We also provide emergency roof repairs 24/7.
- Commercial roof replacement – If your entire roof system needs to be replaced, whether it’s the result of severe damage or because it has reached the end of its expected lifespan, then we can handle the job. We only use the highest quality roofing products and can recommend a variety of exceptional roofing systems. We will also safely remove your existing roof before correctly installing a brand new roof onto your commercial building. We take great pride in the quality of our work, which means you can trust us not to cut corners.
Contact Perfection Roofing in Tulsa Today
If you need a commercial roofer in Tulsa, OK, then you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more trustworthy or reliable roofer than Perfection Roofing. To schedule an appointment or to request emergency commercial roof repairs, be sure to contact us at Perfection Roofing today.