If your roof is showing signs of wear and tear, it might be time for a new roof. Roof problems can cause costly repairs inside your home, so they should be addressed as soon as possible. Residential roof replacement is a big job that takes skill and time. It’s best to hire a licensed professional roofing contractor to make sure you get the best results.
Have an Inspection
Seasonal roof inspections should be a part of your home maintenance program. At least once a year consult a professional roofing contractor to do an inspection on the roof. There are a variety of things that can cause roof problems and some of them may not be visible to you. Professional roofing contractors are trained to spot what may seem insignificant issues that can be signs of a larger problem.
Roof Problems & Their Causes
There are many parts to a roof. here are just a few of the most common problems on a shingle roof and their root causes.
- Missing shingles – caused by high winds and improper fastening
- Curling shingles – caused by water absorption
- Blistered shingles – caused by water and inadequate ventilation
- Buckled shingles – caused by settling or improper movement
- Rotting shingles – caused by excessive moisture, especially on organic materials
- Damaged flashing – caused by a dry, cracking old roof; improper installation; or settling
- Algae or fungus growth – caused by airborne algae and humidity
From inside the house, you may be able to spot some problems caused by a faulty roof. Light that can be seen through the roof, signs of leaking, and signs of water damage all signal red flags and are good indicators that you probably need a new roof. Look for dark spots around the chimney, vents and in the ceiling. Water stains and dampness are obvious signs of leaking that should be taken care of right away. If your decking is sagging, rotting, or needs repairs, your roofing contractor will replace the decking with the new residential roof replacement.
Perfection Roofing is your licensed roofing contractor serving Tulsa, Ok. and surrounding areas. As both an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor and GAF Certified WeatherStopper Contractor we offer a full range of roofing services including repairs, maintenance and residential roof replacement. Replacing your roof is a big task, so give us a call for help with all of your roofing needs.